Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Pictures from my Staycation

Thank you, Lynne Rae Perkins, for the title.

Well, it's almost done now. Art for Bea Rocks the Flock is due next Thursday! Here are some of the memories I made over my Staycation:




Alls I have left to finish are the jacket, one interior piece, and a few more spots. I have been entertaining myself by fantasizing about all of the things I am going to do with my newfound free time after I'm done! Of course, this list consists of the most banal activities ever. The first 3 items on my list are, I kid you not:

1. Get haircut
2. Give bathroom a really good cleaning
3. Get cat shaved

Apparently, when pressed for time, it is personal & feline cleanliness that is the first to go.

But do you know, I find myself getting a little misty-eyed at the passing of this era already?! For nearly 5 years now, in one way or another I've had the story of Bea flitting through my mind, and now it's sort of sad to think my work is almost done! Even with a hip new coif and a freshly shorn cat, I will have a sheep-shaped hole in my heart.

2 comments:

Al said...

as soon as you've finished you'll just start work on the next thing. That's just how it goes. After you've sorted the cat, of course.

It'll be 'Bea pops to the shops' or 'Bea dances with wolves'...

The pictures look beautiful, by the way!!

Vicki said...

"Bea Dances with Wolves" sounds like a horror story waiting to happen!

Thanks for the props...and yes, you're right. I may kid myself with a few days of blissful domesticity, but really I am already sketching out my next dummy in my head.