Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bea's Official Release Date!

Yippee! BEA ROCKS THE FLOCK goes out into the world today! Here are some sketches- about half of these did not make it into the final book. It's like I'm giving away DVD extras over here!







And a finished spread, one of my favorites from the book.

Also, you've perhaps heard about the online auction for Bridget Zinn.  IShe's a YA author & former librarian, recently diagnosed with cancer. There are some great items up for bid- I put my money down for a publicity blast with Mitali Perkins, but I was promptly out-bid, and have a feeling I won't be able to keep up with the ensuing bidding war. Ah, well. Lots of good items, though- check it out!

5 comments:

Nina Crittenden said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to get my own copy of Bea! Your pugs are so cutie (I love that you gave her earrings!) and good luck with your story. I have had a few ideas myself but just worry that they are dumb... maybe I just need to polish one up and see what happens.

Lauren Castillo said...

Hey so great to see these 'extras', Vicki! Congratulations again on Bea's release--I can't wait to read all about her! :)

Vicki said...

Thanks, guys... and Nina, whaaaa? I would LOVE to see the kind of stories you'd come up with! Your blog posts and facebook updates alone often leave me giggling! Oh, wait- maybe I should be emailing you this directly instead of posting on my blog... Hold on, I'll get back to you! :)

Tracy said...

Congratulations on your book being released!!!! I am sure you are tickled pink :) (whatever that means...) I love your Bea...she's a character I'd love to hear/read more about...maybe in a future follow-up!

Manelle said...

It is so fun to see the sketches. They are really fun. I can't wait to see the whole book.