Monday, April 18, 2011

Scribblins

Doesn't "scribblins" sound like some sort of delicious meat by-product? Like a runner-up to scrapple, or something.

After attending a family wedding a few weeks ago, it was brought to my attention that some members of the dynasty read my blog (hi, Aunt Esther!) This made me feel double guilty for not updating in a timely manner these days. I'm in that weird twilight- no, dawn I guess- of working on a new project and not having much to show for it. I am very jealous of illustrators who manage to keep beautiful sketchbooks. My sketches- particularly at this stage of things- look like the ramblings of a lunatic.



It's also difficult to share things at this point... the project is so new, like a little baby puppy, and it needs those early weeks (months?) of incubation before I send it blinking into the harsh light of the world.

That's how I've been spending my time recently... What are YOU working on?

4 comments:

Lauren Castillo said...

What are you talking about, Vicki, these sketches are GREAT! So much energy. I definitely do NOT keep pretty sketchbooks. My sketchbooks are mostly filled with idea thumbnails, and I think I am the only one who knows what is going on in them :) I am averaging about 2(!) location drawings per sketchbook these days (a terrible confession!), and these are usually the only ones I share with the public! Feel better? ;)

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

Delicious "scribblins," I say! :)

Vicki said...

Thanks! I realized it's the word "cracklins" that made scribblins sound so delicious. Although I've never had cracklins...

Lauren, your comment actually made me feel remarkably better!! Thank you!

margaret said...

well, I think your sketches are fab! Hi to all of the Jamieson Family!
As for what am I working on - procrastinating! Looking at your blog!
-Margaret