Monday, July 30, 2012

All I can say is...

...WOW! OLYMPIG! has been making waves recently, and I DON'T mean in the diving competition! Besides being featured in the New York Times Book Review, Boomer ALSO appeared in a roundup of Olympics children's books in USA Today! !!! Amazing! I am so honored and thrilled.

Speaking of honored and thrilled... My OLYMPIG! book launch party was this weekend, hosted by Portland independent children's bookstore, Green Bean Books. I love this bookstore! I've already posted a picture of their awesome Olympics window display:


The party on Saturday was held on their beautiful backyard patio. We made Olympic crafts, including medals and torches. You can check out some directions for Olympic crafts on my website if you missed the party!

Did I mention the backyard is amazingly beautiful?!?


We did some running and some dancing:


... and swimming!


Kids really seemed to enjoy their torches and medals. One young overachiever even made multiple medals, inspired by Michael Phelps.


If you missed this party, fear not- I'll also be doing a Kids' Storytime this Saturday, August 4th at Powell's City of Books, and I'll be visiting the Portland Children's Museum next Wednesday, August 8th!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Victoria! I worked at GBB that day and just wanted to say thanks for holding an event at the store. Everyone I talked to seemed to have had a great time!- Earl

Vicki said...

Hi Earl! Thank you so much for hosting the event! I had a great time. I checked out your blog- good luck with your writing!