Monday, February 4, 2008

Running Commentary

I recently heard about the blog Read Write Believe, and I was instantly hooked with this interesting series on The Excercise of Writing. (This is only one entry in a week full of interesting entries). I was hooked because I, too, am a runner, and get extremely grouchy and unfocused in my artwork when I don't go running. One is very definitely linked to the other, in my case. And, this theme seemed especially apropos this weekend, as I ran a 4-mile race in Central Park on Sunday, and took the opportunity to take some reference photos for Bea Rocks the Flock. With a limited time schedule, I find I am always looking for ways to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Here's a photo I took of Sheep Meadow...



. . . in order to update (actually, re-do) this scene from Bea Rocks the Flock. Sheep Meadow-- get it?!




I don't think I'll be able to exactly mimic Sheep Meadow as it is- as you can see, there's no path running through the real meadow- but I'd like to include some of the same buildings.

No comments: