Monday, July 21, 2008

Spot the differences!

Below are two versions of the same spread in Bea Rocks the Flock. The first one I did- oh! Maybe 3 years ago, when I was just putting together the first dummy. Check out those googly eyes! Too bad I'm late arriving to this competition. Until I compared them side-by-side, I had no idea my style had changed so much!



Added bonus to "spot the difference" game: Where's Waldo? (ok, my niece and brother). I have 4 (almost) wordless & very highly populated spreads, & it's been fun to pop in people I know. Maybe I can add a Where's Waldo component to the book, with the added challenge of readers having to guess what my friends and family members look like in order to find them.

3 comments:

Al said...

That's terrific! It's so great to see what time can do to a style. I notice nothing's changed about the sheep!

Super cute!

Adam said...

Nice flock rockin' there. Funny thing about eyes. Now when I look back on my first couple years of work everyone looks like Marty Feldman.

Which passersby are your relatives? I always think that's fun... I've cast a friend's dad in all but two book jobs, I think.

Haven't told him yet.

Vicki said...

Ha! Marty Feldman- That's rich. And a scarily apt description of my early work, too!

That's a little creepy about your friend's dad, yo.

Al, I said as much on your blog, but... Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!