Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bits & Bobs

BITS:

This weekend was a little "BIT" of fun... the Stumptown Comics Fest was going on! Here's Herm blending in:


The Stumptown fest did not reach NEARLY the levels of crowds or general zaniness of the New York Comic Con- but you know what? That's alright by me, because there was more of a focus on the creators here, a sort of DIY celebration. Less about the big corporations and more about the artists. Of course, there were also some big names attending, like Jeff Smith (creater of BONE) and Craig Thompson. And that wasn't the only thing "big" going on at Stumptown...


Take a look at that library card! The library posted a flickr set of people posing with the giant card. We told them they should have had one of those giant read-aloud books to pretend check-out. (*side note- please forgive the 100% fleece outfit. I ran a 10k race beforehand, ok?!)

I'm the Incredible Growing Woman! First I'm dwarfed by a library card, now I'm stomping on trees!

But seriously folks, a giant library card is just what I need. My wallet is currently, and always is, so stuffed to the brim that it will not velcro shut anymore (velcro wallet= classy). Part of the reason why? I feel the need to carry with me, AT ALL TIMES, the library cards from every city I've lived in. (clockwise from top left: Pinellas County (Florida), Brooklyn, Sydney (Australia), Portland, and Montreal).


You know how James Bond keeps like a collection of passports and foreign currency so he can dash off to any country on a moment's notice? I'm like the James Bond of libraries- I'm ready to check out The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants in any country in the entire world* (* ok, the US, Canada, and Australia).

And finally, the BOBS section of this post:

I was "on location" yesterday and today, and here are the results from a) the park, and 2) the art museum. Again, real locations, imagined kids.




2 comments:

Nina Crittenden said...

You have been busy lately! I love your library card collection! I have only had 2, for the same library, because I lost the first one. Your sketches are wonderful!

Vicki said...

Thanks, Nina!