Friday, April 10, 2009

I like to draw

That may seem like a pretty obvious statement from an illustrator. But with all the shuffling around, moving and unpacking, it's been a long time since I've been able to really sit down and draw. But my studio is finally (mostly) set up! Behold: 


And what is this view out the window?! Just... Tree. I love it.


So I was finally able the other night to sit down at my old drawing table, and I actually felt giddy. Maybe it was a sugar rush from the vegan Whoopie Pie I just ate (yes, vegan- I do live in Portland now)- but I doubt it. I ALSO doubt it because... can vegans even eat sugar? Maybe it was a steevia rush.

Up first on my drawing board? Thank you notes! Yes, 2 months after the wedding- WWMT?* (*What Would Martha Think?). I think Ms. Stewart would appaud the DIY effort, though.


(to complement the invitations, of course):


I've also been sketching some kids around town, and I want to do some more kid illustrations:



4 comments:

Tracy said...

I love your fat little penguins at the beach! :)

Nina Crittenden said...

Great studio! Your thank you's will be first-rate and so darling! (I believe you have a year to get them out...) Sounds like Portland suits you!

JaneA said...

Lovely studio. I love seeing where other artists work. My studio looks very similar, and also has a lovely view of trees. I feel like I'm drawing in a treehouse.

Vicki said...

Thanks, everybody! And thanks, Nina, for setting my mind at ease about those belated thank you notes...